Ranger City Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Governing Body of the City of Ranger, Texas will be held on Monday, April 11, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall, 400 West Main Street, Ranger, Texas. The following subjects will be discussed, to wit:
Agenda Item 01: Call to Order- Mayor Pilgrim
Roll Call-City Secretary
Pledge of Allegiance to United States Flag
Pledge of Allegiance to Texas Flag
Agenda Item 02: Citizen’s Presentation-At this time, anyone on the list will be allowed to speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed THREE minutes. No Council/Board discussion or action may take place on a matter until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.
Agenda Item 03: Announcements from City Council-Comments may be made by council or staff, BUT NO ACTION TAKEN on the following topics without specific notice. Those items include: Expressions of Thanks, Congratulations or Condolence; Information on Holiday schedules; Recognition of public officials, employees or citizens other than employees or officials whose status may be affected by the council through action; Reminders of community events or announcements involving an imminent threat to the public health and safety of the people of the municipality.
Agenda Item 04: Discuss/Consider Approval of ORDINANCE NO. 2016-04-25 -A
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANGER, TEXAS, AMENDING SECTION 4
OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 2012-10-8-A; PROVIDING AN ADDITIONAL
EXCEPTION TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE NOISE ORDINANCE; PROVIDING
AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND PROVIDING AN OPEN MEETINGS CLAUSE-
Agenda Item 05: Discuss/Consider Approval: Department Reports:
- Finance Report- (Account balances, amount of approved bills, and amount of bills to be approved)
- Fire/EMS Report- (Patient Disposition Report and Amount of money collected by Intermedix)
- Library Report- (Finances of Library, Usage Statistics by patrons, computer users, audio/video resources checked-out, books checked-out and reference questions)
- REDC Report- (Finances of REDC)
- Municipal Court Report- (Monthly Court Report- New cases filed, Dispositions prior to trial, Dispositions at trial, Cases Dismissed, Community Service ordered,
- Cases appealed, Juvenile/Minor activity, Parent contributing to Nonattendance, Safety Responsibility and DL Suspension Hearings held, Search Warrants issued,
- Magistrate Warnings issued, Emergency Mental Health Hearing, Magistrate Order of Protection, and Total revenue)
- Police Department Report- (Monthly Police Report- Number and type of Arrests, Number and type of Citations, Number of Calls for Service, Assisting other
- Animal Control Report- (Monthly Report- Total Calls, Pound fee’s collected, Animal food costs, Number of strays, Deceased animals, Skunks, Snakes, other Wild
- Animals, Possible Rabid Animals, Animal Bites, Sick or Injured Animals, Quarantines, Specimens sent to lab, Animals Euthanized, Citations Issued, Warnings Issued, Number of Animals released back to owners, Animals Adopted, Animals remaining in Animal Control Shelter)
- Public Works Report- (Monthly Department Report- Sewer stoppages, Water Leaks, Sewer Taps, Water Taps, Meters pulled, Status of Equipment, Status of Roadwork, Status of Clean-up, Status of personnel)
- Airport Report- (Quarterly Report only)
Agenda Item 06 Discuss/Consider Approval of bills-Mayor Pilgrim
Agenda Item 07 : Discuss/Consider Approval of RESOLUTION NO. 2016--04-11- B
DIRECTING ONCOR ELECTRIC DELIVERY COMPANY, LLC TO FILE CERTAIN INFORMATION WITH THE CITY OF RANGER; SETTING A PROCEDURAL SCHEDULE FOR THE GATHERING AND REVIEW OF NECESSARY INFORMATION IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; SETTING DATES FOR THE FILING OF THE CITY’S ANALYSIS OF THE COMPANY’S FILING AND THE COMPANY’S REBUTTAL TO SUCH ANALYSIS; RATIFYING THE HIRING OF LEGAL COUNSEL AND CONSULTANTS; RESERVING THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE THE REIMBURSEMENT OF THE CITY OF RANGER’S RATE CASE EXPENSES; SETTING A PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE PURPOSES OF DETERMINING IF THE EXISTING RATES OF ONCOR ELECTRIC DELIVERY COMPANY ARE UNREASONABLE OR IN ANY WAY IN VIOLATION OF ANY PROVISION OF LAW AND THE DETERMINATION BY THE CITY OF RANGER OF JUST AND REASONABLE RATES TO BE CHARGED BY ONCOR ELECTRIC DELIVERY COMPANY, LLC. – Mayor Pilgrim
Agenda Item 08: Discuss/Consider approval of Minutes of February 22, 2016 and March 28, 2016 – Mayor Pilgrim
Agenda Item 09: Adjournment
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Governing Body of the City of Ranger is a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the City Hall of the City of Ranger, a place
convenient and readily available to the general public at all times, and notice was posted by 5:30 p.m., March 24, 2016 and remained posted for 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
Mary Wells, Ranger City
The City council reserves the right to convene into Executive Session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda under the authority of the Mayor, whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE
The Ranger City Hall and Commissioner Chambers are wheelchair assessable and assessable parking spaces are available. Request for accommodation or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s office at (254)647-3522 for information or assistance.
This notice was removed from the outside bulletin board on _________________by