Gorman ISD Meeting
Gorman ISD Board Meeting
Notice of Regular Meeting of the Gorman Independent School District March 7, 2016
The Board of Trustees of the Gorman Independent School District will hold a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2016 in the Administrative Board Room of Gorman ISD, Gorman TX 76454. At that meeting, the Board may deliberate or act on any of the subjects listed on the following agenda. The President may change the order of items listed below for the convenience of the board. The Board may enter closed meeting to seek the advice and counsel of its attorney at any time during the meeting under the authority of Tex. Gov’t Code 551.071 regarding any item listed on the agenda of this meeting or in order for the attorney to provide legal assistance or advice to the Board.
- Establish Quorum and Call to Order
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Open Forum - All persons who address the board at this time must complete a registration form before the meeting begins.
- Introduction of A Team members
- Consent Agenda - Action Items: 1. Consider for approval of the minutes of the previous meeting(s); 2. Consider for approval the payment of the bills; 3. Consider for approval of the current month’s payroll; 4. Consider for approval amendments to the budget if necessary
- Board Information: 1. Elementary Principal’s Report - Ms. Susan Walker - a. Enrollment & Attendance, b. Campus happenings, c. PTO report if any. 2. Secondary Principal’s Report - Mr. Brad Riker - a. Enrollment & Attendance, b. Campus happenings, c. Athletic report, d. Athletic Booster Club report if any. 3. Superintendent’s Report - Mr. Gary Speegle - a. Cash Balances, b. Tax Office Reports, c. Budget Status, d. Credit Card Statements, e. District happenings, f. Germ Blast treatment, g. Team of Eight training June 22nd, h. Carson Reading Room Update. 4. President’s Report - Noah Landa
- Discuss and consider Superintendent goals for 2016-2017
- Discuss and consider for approval TASB Update 104, affecting local EEH (LOCAL): INSTRUCTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS - HOMEBOUND INSTRUCTION, FB(LOCAL): EQUAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY, FD(LOCAL); ADMISSIONS, FEB(LOCAL): ATTENDANCE - ATTENDANCE ACCOUNTING, FFC(LOCAL): STUDENT WELFARE - STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES, FFH(LOCAL): STUDENT WELFARE - FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT, AND RETALIATION
- Consider personnel needs of the district and take action if necessary (Gov’t Code 551. 074) a) Consider Superintendent’s contract, b) Resignations(s)